Production Director (Soft Fruit)
Our Reference: J8478
Job Terms: Permanent
Salary: $120k - $140k
Job Category: Agribusiness and Farming
Millar Cameron is the global leader in Agricultural recruitment for Emerging Markets, focusing on regions such as Africa, South America and the Middle East. Supporting some of the largest Agricultural firms around the world in their operations we are always in search of new talent with specific skillsets.
A leading agribusiness is actively looking for a General Manager to play the lead role in their berry and stone fruit production development in the Agadir region. The group currently runs a 650 hectare estate growing blueberries, strawberries and stone fruit, and requires a candidate with good technical and agronomic experience.
The Manager’s duties will include:
• Manage and develop the Agronomy and forecasting teams, ensuring that the growers adhere to responsibilities and roles.
• Build and maintain relationships with the growers, identifying new prospect growers that would support the company’s vision, strategy and initiatives.
• Develop and enhance berry production techniques in collaboration with the global team.
• Actively support and coordinate with the workers and food safety representatives to ensure fulfillment by partner growers.
• Liaise with the various departments within Europe, Middle East and Africa branches on both operation and strategies
• Oversee worker meeting schedules
• Manage the finances of the operation managing the budget and Profit & Loss Account.
The ideal candidate will fulfil the following requirements:
• Minimum Master’s or Engineer’s degree in agriculture or equivalent study
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in berry or stone fruit production
• Excellent French and English language skills are required
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners
• Sound understanding of business economics
• The successful General Manager will be offered a competitive salary package complete with in country benefits such as accommodation and flights home.
• This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading organisation with growing operations in the region.