Country Manager - Shipping
Our Reference: J7700
Job Terms: Permanent
Location: Singapore, Singapore
An interesting new opportunity has presented itself for a leading shipping firm based in Singapore. The client is currently looking for a Country Manager.
As the successful Country Manager you should have, 10 years of experience in the Shipping industry and ought to have worked in South East Asia prior to this.
Your Duties and Responsibilities as a Country Manager Include:-
• Accountable for the profit & loss of the affiliate/subsidiary of the company.
• Develops and implements the company’s annual budget plans and provides regular reports to the headquarters with regard to the same.
• Plans the commercial development strategy for the country.
• Helps develop and coordinates with all departments and ensures operational and strategic goals are achieved.
• Represents the company externally with government, statutory/regulatory bodies and business partners/allies.
• Develops and implements internal systems for logistics, commercial and financial information flows in cooperation with headquarters. And develops both new business and current accounts through business development research to create growth in sales.
• Coordinates the logistics operations, including warehousing activities. As well as Serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
• Recruit and manage staff, including performance monitoring, and possibly mentoring and training.
Effective Country Manager must possess the following:
• Be customer/client focused, a decision taker, ethically conduct self, result driven, strategic thinker, able to manage finances and have technical capacity.
• Must be educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably with some financial qualifications or training – a solid understanding of budgeting and financial planning is essential as this role involves agreeing annual budgets as well as producing financial reports.
• Excellent networking skills and able to deliver the highest standards of customer service.
• Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, including people-management, leadership and both written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be familiar with computer software programs eg Word, Excel etc.
• Should have strong leadership skills and vision, ability to successfully drive change, reliable and motivate employees. Also requires to be sensitive to cultural differences.
• In-depth knowledge of the industry and have a successful record of managing a large operations/businesses.
If you are interested in the opportunity, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and Jeremy.email@example.com and I will be happy to give you a call and discuss this opportunity with you in more detail.