The CEO will be responsible for the company’s growth plans and should join with strong experience and knowledge of the tea industry.
- Implementing the company’s strategy and overseeing all the operational, finance, and marketing functions.
- Strategically plan the company’s short and longer plan growth for both factories and fields.
- Building and motivating the management team and setting objective targets to drive productivity improvement, quality of produce, and cost control to achieve company goals.
- Representing the company as the key liaison with government ministries, associations, and other relevant stakeholders and industry bodies.
- Developing B2C channels through value additions into the business as well as exploring and developing a tea tourism channel.
- Bachelor’s degree and MBA or advanced degree in the areas of agribusiness, finance, or a business-related field preferably.
- Experience working with the private sector in a senior level position with at least 8-10 years preferably in the tea business and management experience including personnel and financial management.
- Experience in direct technical expertise in a functional area of tea (field, factory, end market) in Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred.
- Experience working in a business that has smallholder and out-grower schemes.
- A self-starter with the ability to think strategically, lead, work independently and be open-minded, but with a strong commercial and practical focus.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.