Deal sourcing, including managing key external relationships is a key component to this role. He/she will provide leadership in evaluating and executing new investment opportunities, partnerships/alliances, acquisitions, mergers, spin-offs and joint ventures.
Leading a highly skilled and diverse team, the successful candidate will also take the lead on managing marketplace interaction and investment relationships, which will, in turn accelerate entrepreneurial growth and global innovation/product initiatives and enhance the organisation's largest partnerships.
The Commercial Director will have the following responsibilities:
- Support growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments and joint ventures as well as divestitures by the company.
- Manage current and potential global partners and lead financial investments designed to drive innovation.
- Establish and lead a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate potential opportunities, which includes a rigorous idea generation and screening process that will bring quality acquisition and investment ideas to the management team.
- Collaborate with the strategy leadership team and the Heads of Function to think about corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic and routine fashion. Build relationships with each business unit to keep an ongoing flow of ideas aligned with the business units’ objectives.
- Manage the client's global industry engagement and deal/investment relationships with Investment Banking firms. Serve as the primary interface with partner companies and the point of coordination for all co-investment and other activities with these companies.
- Partner with business leaders before, during and after the M&A processes, to ensure the deals make strategic sense, fit with the forward-looking business plans, and are integrated smoothly and fully optimised.
- Lead cross-functional teams in developing acquisition business case analysis, executing and interfacing with finance, accounting, legal, tax, HR and other departments to ensure seamless deal execution.
- Evaluate and execute other strategic initiatives such as joint ventures, divestitures, licensing and partnership activities.
- Manage key deliverables including creating analyses, overseeing execution and identifying next steps in process flow.
- Play a key role in all of the client's M&A activities and provide general transaction and analytic support including the creation of summaries and presentation materials to communicate
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum of 3 year University Degree with a post-graduate qualification e.g. MBA being desirable
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in international business development and corporate mergers and acquisitions
- Experience working in a Investment bank, Private Equity House or a FTSE listed organisation is essential
- International and multi-market experience of one or more of: Infrastructure, Power or Telecommunications
- Experience of working in emerging markets is essential, preferably Africa
- Fluency in French preferable
My client is able to offer a competitive basic salary and performance bonuses, along with attractive suite of corporate benefits
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.