Millar Cameron is a leading search firm specialising in the development sector in Africa. We are currently supporting WaterAid with their search for a Country Director to join their Madagascar operations.
WaterAid works with people in the world’s poorest countries in Africa, Asia, the Americas and the Pacific region to provide access to safe water, sanitation and improved hygiene (WASH). The organisation has been operating in Madagascar since 1999, facilitating delivery of sustainable WASH services in rural, small towns and urban settings for over 20 years.
The Country Director will lead the Senior Management Team in the implementation of WASH projects in Madagascar, one of the largest operating countries for WaterAid. The primary purpose of the Country Director is to provide overall strategic, programme, financial and people leadership for the Country Programme. This is a senior leadership role that contributes to the regional and global leadership of WaterAid. The successful individual will work with public and private institutions on the impact and improvement WASH to contribute to the wider poverty reduction and human development.
• Providing strategic leadership to the country team
• Promoting an empowering and collaborative work culture
• Building, leading and managing high-performing and diverse teams
• Developing the country programme strategy with the regional team
• Successfully delivering on the country programme strategy to be in line with the global strategy
• Ensuring the country programme integrates rights, equity and inclusion
• Ensuring successful and timely delivery on annual plans and budgets
• Representing WaterAid externally
• Proactive in facilitating relationships between sector stakeholders to support sector development
• Continually developing a strong understanding of the local and global funding context
• Identifying potential suitable funding opportunities
• Maintaining high level oversight of programme implementation and expenditure
• Contributing as a member of the global and regional leadership teams
• Degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant field
• Extensive experience of working at a senior level, strategic position in a relevant sector
• Strong track record of managing a multi-disciplinary and diverse team
• A strong understanding of international development relating to WASH
• Strong financial management skills with profit and loss management experience
• Ability to excel in a changing, complex and demanding environment
• Strong verbal and written communication abilities in French and English
• Experience work in Madagascar or other Francophone Africa countries
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.