The Head of IT will advise the business on strategic IT development plans and strategies to mitigate IT related risk. They will liaise with all stakeholders across the Kenya operations, including but not limited to farm managers and the other shared service functions of which IT is part of (Finance, HR, Procurement, Administration, Legal etc.) to ensure smooth business operations.
To succeed in this role and effectively manage IT related processes and projects, you will have a strong business acumen, solid IT capabilities, project management and communications skills. You will also have experience running a multi process large-scale operation involving various stakeholders and equally be proactive in nature, demonstrating strong leadership ability.
The main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Manage and harness all ICT resources to add value to businesses top line and bottom lines
• Identify and implement strategic initiatives to enhance business productivity, efficiency and competencies including but not limited to the development and implementation of new systems
• Management of all ICT systems
• Management of all ICT teams
Key Performance areas and measures include:
• High availability of core systems
• Improvement of business processes by utilization of requisite technologies
• Development of strong support systems
• Development of strong support teams
• Improved operational visibility
• Improved decision support systems
Requisite Technical and Soft Skills:
• Good knowledge of hardware and enterprise software systems
• Good knowledge of systems development and implementation
• Good knowledge of business and industry management
• Creative and innovative mindset
• Team builder and motivator
• Curios, keep abreast with industry knowledge
• Excellent communication skills
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.