The FSC Indigenous Foundation (FSC-IF) aims to empower and promote Indigenous Peoples' sustainable forest-based solutions. The foundation ensures an enabling environment that upholds the rights of Indigenous Peoples within 300 million hectares of Indigenous forests on the planet. FSC-IF's vision is to incorporate Indigenous Peoples' global values, rights, livelihoods, ecosystem services, natural capital, and communities into forest governance, climate change governance, and market systems. The FSC-IF seeks a strategic and results-driven ‘Program Lead for Capacity Development and Inclusion’ for their Indigenous Peoples Alliance for Rights and Development (IPARD) program.
- Provide strategic and technical leadership on the design and implementation of capacity development programs in a number of countries and regions.
- Oversee partners, engage with potential beneficiaries to build up alliances, and identify needs and opportunities for institutional development.
- Identify best practices to enhance the effectiveness of capacity development programs for Indigenous Peoples’ organizations, leaders, and professionals.
- Lead and support the development and implementation of comprehensive, long-term capacity development programs.
- Develop, monitor, and promote collaborative tools, toolkits, and platforms for social learning, knowledge, and data sharing.
- Work with the Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist in providing high-level leadership and business oversight for gender and inclusive development program activities, contracts, and project plans.
- University degree in international development, education, organizational development, women and minority studies, and social science, a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience working as head or manager in programs or projects related to capacity building, capacity development, gender, and inclusive development.
- Excellent public speaking abilities with experience in an international context.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required. Spanish, French, and/or Portuguese will be considered a plus.
- Familiarity with international projects or programs oriented for Indigenous Peoples and/or Local communities in Latin America, Africa, or Asia.
- Familiarity with Indigenous Peoples' basic values, spiritual beliefs, culture, tradition, traditionally practiced ecosystem services, and communities. A native member of an Indigenous Peoples is preferred.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.