Sector: Agribusiness and farming
Test case study
Organisation – Industry sector
Flamingo Horticulture is a specialised agribusiness that supplies the globe with high quality fresh produce from their Kenyan and South African farming operations.
Flamingo Horticulture approached us to help source candidates for a Financial Controller position.
- The role was based in Kenya with the frequent travel across their multiple, in-country sites.
The reason for the position
- Flamingo Horticulture generated a new position of Financial Controller as they continued to grow and increase their African presence. Their team found it difficult to identify an individual with the desired educational background, experience within a similar agricultural environment and someone that was a strong cultural fit for their company.
The recruitment process
- Millar Cameron started by holding a detailed phone call with key members of Flamingo Horticulture’s senior management team, ensuring that we understood their desires fully whilst deepening our understanding of their company culture.
- At the end of this call we requested a detailed job description for the position and also agreed a timeline of when we would share our shortlists with them, interview dates and ultimately the intended start date.
- Millar Cameron advertised the position on LinkedIn as well as various local and international job boards.
- Our team of consultants and researchers generated a list of similar companies and through LinkedIn, job boards, our vast database and active head hunting, we developed our initial shortlist of candidates.
- We discussed what our client liked and disliked in our profiles and returned to our search to identify several more suitable candidates to share with them.
- Once our client was satisfied with their shortlist we began the interview process. All candidates are debriefed following their interviews, whilst their academic qualifications, payslips, professional and peer references are gathered in the first stages of the interview process.
- When our client makes an offer to their chosen candidate we will discuss and negotiate this where necessary to ensure the optimum outcome is secured for both parties.
- We maintain continuous contact with our candidate during their notice period, the days before their start-date and throughout their initial months in their new role.
The outcome for our client
- Millar Cameron successfully found a candidate to fill the position of Financial Controller within Flamingo Horticulture.
- The client received a candidate that matched their desires, whilst from a long-term perspective saving valuable time and money.
- Millar Cameron continue to support Flamingo Horticulture whilst currently assisting them with a number of new positions.
Back to case studies