The Chief Commercial officer will be responsible for developing and implementing the groups sales and marketing strategy to achieve revenue targets. The Chief Commercial role will be based in Kenya. The role reports directly to the CEO and will be a key member of the Executive team together with the COO, CFO and CTO to deliver shareholder value and achieve CropNuts' business goals.
- Develop the group revenue budget per target and region for their B2C & B2B business lines.
- Develop the medium and long term go-to-market strategy including process of customer acquisition and developing strategic partnerships in line with the overall business strategy & revenue targets.
- Developing, monitoring and tracking key commercial performance indicators across the company with weekly updates to the CEO and executive management.
- Responsible for achieving Group revenue targets through B2C & B2B channels.
- Hands-on approach to developing strategic B2C partnerships with industry players especially within fertiliser and commodity crop sectors of East, southern and Wets Africa.
- oversee data driven approach to setting of pricing and product portfolio strategy by leading rigorous market research initiatives to support these decisions.
- Responsibility for the development of company brand to become a global name synonymous with soil health and food security in Africa.
- Over 10 years' experience of executive leadership experience, with previous commercials sales and marketing and P&L responsibility within the agribusiness sector , with strong experience in the fertiliser and precision farming.
- In-depth knowledge of implementing commercial sales strategy in a related agri sector in Africa, in East, Southern & Francophone countries
- Culturally agile, with the ability to build and manage international teams
- Experience in scaling laboratory and agronomy precision agri-services would be an advantage.
- Passion for soil health, agronomy, and regenerative farming would be an advantage.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.