Ilara Health is revolutionizing primary healthcare in Kenya by partnering with healthcare entrepreneurs who own clinics and pharmacies. These informal businesses often lack access to traditional financial services. Through innovative financing solutions, Ilara Health connects them to revenue-generating diagnostic assets and medications, enabling business growth and improved patient care.
Beyond financing, Ilara Health provides an integrated technology platform. This platform consolidates test results, health insights, and patient reminders, empowering healthcare providers to enhance patient care through messaging channels and a user-friendly patient portal. It also enables clinics to access complete data from diagnostic devices, optimizing care delivery. With successful series A funding, Ilara Health collaborates with over 3,000 Kenyan clinics, impacting 5 million patients annually. Their mission is to further expand their reach by partnering with more clinics and continuously innovating to enhance primary healthcare in Kenya and beyond.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related quantitative field, with a preference for a master’s degree / MBA.
- Approximately 2-5 years in management consulting with a focus on operational efficiency (or equivalent industry experience). Post-consulting operational experience is also of value, particularly if relating to healthcare, financial services / credit, or technology.
- Experience in organizing and directing multiple teams and departments, effectively working cross-functionally without direct reporting lines.
- Experience in high-paced environments, with start-up experience as a plus.
- Proven ability to rapidly acquire business model understanding and lead product development with scope to assume subsequent product / division ownership.
- Adeptness in navigating, structuring, and prioritizing in complex environments.
- Desire to take responsibility and ownership for building a business working to transform primary healthcare in Africa.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Millar Cameron, we are dedicated to supporting our Clients in building and supporting diverse and inclusive workplaces and culture, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.