They are searching for a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who will be responsible for managing software development, IT infrastructure, and IT security across the organisation. This role sits at C-Suite level and you will report into CEO Faith Keza and the Board of Directors.
Irembo are a mission focused organisation expanding their product offering to allow all organisations to develop digital solutions that create impact. Their values are fundamental to what they do and are to: inspire trust, work with passion, continuously improve, lead by example, and delight users. The successful CTO will share these values and show a clear passion for mission driven technology.
• Be responsible for turning the Irembo vision and strategy into a roadmap to be developed and delivered by the technology division. You will be responsible for delivering key milestones on time and on budget.
• Carry overall responsibility for the technology behind Irembo’s digital platform making improvements and implementations.
• Responsible for team management of the Technology department with 3 direct reports for Head of Functions. You will continue to drive the team’s dynamic and open culture, focus on learning & development through coaching. Lead organisational planning for the technology division including team structures and identify gaps.
• You will lead audits of the current IT processes and systems and make recommendations for improvement. Create a policy of continuous improvement of the existing tech stack.
• You will communicate the technological capabilities of Irembo to internal and external stakeholders.
• Lead the product roll-out of the digital platform across Africa, implementing product changes where required.
• Lead the creation and implementation of the technology behind mobile payment product.
• You will lead and motivate technology projects and programs and act as the figurehead of new product launch in alignment with Irembo’s values and culture.
• You will be a leader in African technology, ideally with experience in Rwanda.
• You will be a passionate team manager with demonstrable experience of developing and driving diverse, high performance technical teams.
• You will have experience creating and delivering digital strategies and roadmaps with a clear interest in digital transformation.
• You will be experienced in managing technological projects, programs and products with a wide range of multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
• You will have an understanding of software development, IT infrastructure, digitisation, product and program management and IT security topics.
• You will be a flag bearer for Irembo’s culture and values internally and externally. Team management will be in accordance with company culture.
For a confidential discussion please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For over 12 years Millar Cameron has specialized in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer and private equity.
Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.