Seed is a non-profit organisation that focuses on strengthening the education, practice, and policy of the local professional health workforce in Africa. Its mission is to educate a rising generation of health professionals to strengthen access to quality care with the goal of saving lives and improving health. Seed is dedicated to creating lasting change in the health systems of their partner countries: Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia. Seed is unique in its approach by focusing on educating and training doctors, nurses, and midwives who offer support across the health system from frontline health workers’ referrals for definitive care to resilience and responsiveness to diverse health challenges to training future generations.
About the role
The Director of Measurement Evaluation and Learning will lead Seed’s measurement, evaluation and research work across the organisation and have responsibility for strategy and vision development and implementation for measurement, knowledge, and learning both organisationally and across the full portfolio of Seed’s programming globally.
Key dimensions of the role
Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer and working closely with all global offices, the Director of Measurement, Evaluation and Learning responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
Measurement, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Systems & Practice
- Oversee the design of measurement strategy across Seed’s partnerships and provide technical input into the design and refinement of partnership measurement frameworks.
- Develop and execute measurement and learning systems for organization-wide programming/initiatives.
- Collaborate with country teams and partners to design and implement core partnership measurement activities including baselines, evaluations, needs assessments, case studies, or similar activities as appropriate.
- Create organisation-wide repositories and dashboards for sharing high-level impact metrics for internal use and partner with Development and Communications leads to translate MEL results and findings into donor-friendly and accessible materials.
MEL Team & Budget Management
- Build, oversee, and direct the work of Seed’s Measurement, Knowledge, and learning team, ensuring Seed has the necessary capacity to meet the needs of its growing portfolio.
- Create and manage the organisation’s Measurement, Knowledge & Learning work plan, and budget, responsibly stewarding donor funds.
Skills and experience
The desired candidate will have but not limited to:
- Master’s degree in a related area (Social or behavioral sciences, public health, healthservices research, population health, or similar field).
- At least 10-12 years of experience in global health program evaluation and an appreciation of the challenges inherent in evaluation methods carried out in real-world global settings.
- Demonstrated experience in both qualitative and quantitative evaluation methodologies and a track record of grant funding and publication.
- Flexibility and demonstrated ability to think creatively about measuring program effectiveness and impact.
- Excellent leadership skills with a successful history of technical team management.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity and ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and young organisation work environment.
To apply for this position please provide an up-to-date CV.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Millar Cameron, we are dedicated to supporting our clients in building and supporting diverse and inclusive workplaces and cultures, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.