Eneo is Cameroon’s national electricity Distribution and Generation utility. It turns over CFA500billion (c$850 million) and employs over 3,600 staff making it one of Cameroon’s largest and most important businesses.
Eneo is undergoing a major transformation, operationally, technically, and organisationally to become a high performing energy utility for the twenty-first century. This transformation is seeing investment in infrastructure, systems, processes and people and aims to make Eneo an employer of choice in Cameroon. It stives to achieve the high standards of international best practice in all that it does.Eneo mobilises its staff with four values in mind: Engagement, Responsibility, Integrity and Cohesion. Its primary missions are to:
- Meet an increasing electricity demand by delivering safe and secure energy,
- Offer a high-quality service and facilitate increased access to electricity,
- Protect the public by increasing awareness of the danger of electricity,
- Develop customer service through innovation and positive customer experiences,
- Constantly seek excellence by learning from past experiences,
- Conduct all activities with a strong sense of corporate social responsibili.
- Developing and implementing procurement strategies aligned with business goals and identifying cost-savings and efficiencies while maintaining quality standards.
- Defining the processes for, and completing, transparent and fair tendering processes spanning a mix of service and product categories.
- Vetting, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with key national and international suppliers, including negotiating favourable terms, contracts and pricing agreements.
- Overseeing the drafting, review and negotiation of contracts with suppliers, ensuring risks to Eneo are mitigated.
- Establishing robust controls and supplier performance management processes. This includes monitoring the performance of a very large number of sub-contractors. Rationalising the supplier base where appropriate.
- Reviewing and streamlining supply chain processes to ensure timely and efficient delivery of goods and services to regional warehouses. Identifying losses, reviewing and improving systems for stock management.
- Overseeing inventory levels to minimise excesses or shortages and implementing controls to optimise forecasting and working capital.
- Analysing data to identify trends and inform purchasing and supply chain decision making.
- Leading a large (100+) Procurement & Supply Chain team, optimising the organisational structure to raise productivity, increase efficiency and minimise the potential for fraud or theft. Develop a culture of integrity, trustworthiness, and best practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's degree preferred) combined with further relevant study and/or professional qualifications/certifications such as membership of a relevant professional institution.
- A minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in international procurement and supply chain management, including time spent leading a large Procurement team with a spend of more than $20million.
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant procurement processes and regulations, market dynamics, and logistics challenges faced by a large, geographically distributed business with a substantial fixed asset base.
- Excellent negotiation, contract management, and supplier relationship-building skills supported by a data driven approach to decision making.
- Proven track record of leading and developing a substantial and geographically distributed team and introducing the relevant processes and controls necessary to ensure efficient, transparent, and compliant operation.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.