Millar Cameron is currently working with a leading Forestry Group with operations across East Africa. The Group is highly regarded in the sector and considered the region’s leading operator.
As part of their industrialisation drive the Group is looking to implement, a significant investment into their Uganda business and to this end we are supporting the group in their search for an Industrial Manager, to be based in Uganda .
The position’s primary responsibility is to manage the operation’s existing sawmilling and value adding operations and to project manage the expansion project which will comprise of a sawmill upgrade, addition of kilns and further timber value addition processes.
The key deliverables are:
- Maximising company profits by ensuring processing activities are run effectively
- Successfully identify, procure, install, and operate new processing equipment, including the design of the new site layout
- Working closely with sales and marketing department to ensure the product range is reflective of market demand
- Contributing to senior management meetings and providing the organisation with subject expertise on processing matters
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare and manage processing budgets
- Expand and, lead a high performance team
- Work closely with the Forestry department to develop the best possible log supply process
- Ensure that health and safety standards are adhered to
- Provide the leadership with accurate production reports
This is a role with considerable growth opportunities and as such the Group is looking for candidates who have the ability to grow into this role and gradually undertake more responsibilities across the Company and Group.
Interested parties should share a CV with firstname.lastname@example.org
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.