The Group also has large row cropping operations (principally maize, soya beans and wheat), with approximately 7,787 hectares of row crops under irrigation which are planted twice a year, and a further 8,694 hectares of rainfed/dryland crops available for planting each year. Their grown crops are used in the Zambeef feed and flour milling businesses. Zambeef Product PLC pursues a vertically integrated business model which provides strong foundations for growth and underpins margin capture and value add, secures supply chain and reduces risk and earnings volatility.
- Develop and lead Group Logistics strategy, Route to Consumer (RtC) strategy and champion the logistic processes for the business covering outbound, inbound and internal.
- Overseeing the identification and implementation of logistics cost reduction opportunities while driving and monitoring compliance with safety requirements.
- Formulate and oversee the development and implantation of KPI standards and scorecards to measure and report logistics performance.
- Accountable for people management, performance management, formal and informal development, and succession planning.
- Driving commercialisation of the business and customer centricity as well customer services through a defined logistics service offering, including standards, processes and required behaviours.
- Commercial or logistics-focused bachelor’s degree (preferred candidates hold MBA or related post-graduate qualification).
- 10 years’ experience in best practice logistics, with at least 5 years in a senior logistics management role, and experience in FMCG.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.