The Managing Directorwill serve as a partner to the Executive Chairperson and will help manage the day-to-day work of the organisation and ensure that AKADEMIYA2063 is meeting its ambitious goals. The MD will serve as an internal and external leader, who will thrive with both programmatic and management work and will help develop and implement long and short-term organisational strategies. The successful candidate will interact with funders, clients, partners, and collaborators to maintain a productive relationship with each of these groups.
- Working closely with the Executive Chairperson and the Board, the MD will establish a cohesive vision for the organisation to further its mission and policy impact and implement the processes and systems necessary to achieve it.
- Prepare, implement, and oversee the execution of A2063’s Business Plan, and the day-to-day operations of the organisation including strategic financial decision-making and management to ensure transparent, prudent, and judicious use of its resources.
- Oversee the Senior Management Committee and work closely with all departments to integrate the work of the organisation including Finance & Administration, Communications, and Research.
- Work proactively to lead the organisation’s management in fostering an organisational culture that promotes stability, continuity, and retention by providing equitable career development with professional growth and advancement opportunities.
- Lead engagement with African governments, continental and regional institutions, academic and research organisations, private sector, and non-state actor stakeholders to foster partnerships and collaborations to enhance the organisation’s delivery and impact.
- An advanced university degree Ph.D. in agricultural sciences, economics, business management, or a related field.
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience with a clear track record in managing teams, programs, processes, systems, and experience in financial management.
- Thorough knowledge of African continental and regional development agendas with a strong understanding of agricultural and economic development issues in Africa.
- Track record of success in effective resource mobilisation and donor relations.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing institutional strategies and business plans.
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) skills and superior presentation skills
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.