Millar Cameron is representing a leading Pan African logistics business to hire and recruit a Managing Director to head up their road freight division.
The role will be based in Lusaka, Zambia but will have regional responsibility across 4 countries.
The organization currently has a fleet of 500 trucks and has growth goals to expand to over 1000 trucks within 2 years.
They require a proven Managing Director who has experience of running a multi-region operation, who has strong process optimization and standardization skills, strong commercial acuity and the ability to engage and improve the existing leadership team.
This is a challenging role due to the complex geographical and cultural nature of the business but provides the opportunity to make changes that would see the company consolidate as the key regional brand within transportation
The role will involve extensive travel across Africa
Key responsibilities will include:
Key objectives include:
- Identify and drive opportunities for revenue and growth improvement
- implement cost and process optimization exercises.
- Improving operational and financial performance
- Ensure standard operating procedures are being practiced across all 4 country operations through standardizing workflows and directing an aggressive business development and operating plan.
- Acting as a change agent to instill collaboration, communication, and problem-solving capabilities throughout the organization.
- Review the entire division to develop, align and implement sales growth initiatives, improve operational efficiencies to support short and long-term EBITDA improvement
- Experience of leading a transportation business through change and expansion
- Emerging market experience, Asia, LATAM, etc
- Strong financial acumen, demonstrated success attaining net profit and return on capital goals
- Commercial acuity
- Proven P&L responsibilities , minimum of a USD 50m revenue business
- Degree educated, ideally MBA
- Experience of directing a fleet of at least 500 trucks
- Proven cross border or regional responsibility
- Strong handle on business procedures including KPIs, Metrics and SOP’s
- Experience of strong people management skills, including improving engagement and culture within a leadership team
This is an exciting challenge that offers someone to opportunity to drive change, improve performance and work with one of Africa’s most pioneering businesses
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.