Millar Cameron is supporting SureChill with their search for a Medical Senior Commercial Director. Combining UK design and emerging markets expertise, SureChill possesses revolutionary cooling technology that permits effective and consistent refrigeration without constant access to the grid. From vaccines to food & beverages, this technology has a range of medical and commercial use cases, with the potential to solve ongoing supply inefficiencies at a global scale. Having recently secured additional funding, the company is now looking to drive significant growth.
- Designing, developing, and delivering the commercial strategy for Sure Chill’s medical business in partnership with the Group CEO, working closely with the local commercial teams and local partners, including collaborative budget design.
- Delivering overall medical revenue for the business.
- Developing sales beyond traditional channels, developing a strong private sector channel.
- Developing a network of commercial partners globally to ensure the product is lobbied and serviced at point of use.
- Identification and opening of new, relevant markets for the Sure Chill business.
- Ensuring timely and smooth delivery of products, and after-sales care.
- Engaging high-level external and internal stakeholders to ensure an aligned, efficient approach to delivering continued sales growth and continuous improvement.
- Facilitating effective cross-functional communication to enhance customer care and gather valuable feedback for product and process improvements.
- Implementing the marketing plan and closely tracking its impact on the business, with a focus on enhancing brand recognition and driving sustainable growth and revenue.
- Owning and collating competitor and market intelligence.
- Have at least 15 years of experience in commercial roles with B2B and B2G exposure in emerging market with a strong track record of sales through those channels
- Have broad geographical exposure with a focus on emerging markets, and exposure to the medical market (working with UN agencies and NGOs).
- Have experience managing a team within emerging markets (preferably Africa), and managing a network of distribution, manufacturing, and commercial partners across various geographies.
- Be open to a start-up environment, getting involved across all levels of detail and building structure out of complexity.
- Be culturally sensitive, adaptable and ethically driven to have an impact on the end user.
- Be fluent in both English and French.
- Be willing to travel up to 70% of the time across multiple geographies.
- Preferably hold an MBA.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.