Cim Credit Kenya Ltd. (trading as Aspira) is a subsidiary of Cim Financial Services Ltd (“CFSL”), which is a listed financial services company in Mauritius. CFSL’s Mauritian subsidiary is Cim Finance, which has four main business units: Consumer Finance (hire purchase and personal loans), Leasing; Credit Cards (MasterCard and Visa) and Factoring (SME financing).
Aspira is a fintech consumer finance business currently focused on hire purchase/ product financing in Kenya, financing retail clients who then use the product financing to acquire consumer durables.
Dimensions of the role:
• Define annual sales strategy and budget
• Ensure profitable growth in sales/ loan disbursements in-line with plan
• Relationship ownership and management of retail partners
• Ensure optimal sales force productivity of Sales Managers and Field Agents
• Well defined sales targets for each retail partner and territory
• Effective sales deployment: channel & resource mix; territory deployment; optimal resources per account; clearly defined Sales Manager and Field Agent accountabilities
• Customer engagement model: ensure continually enhance: Aspira’s customer value proposition; lead generation & qualification; and client retention
• Sales execution: effective account planning process and continuous sales process optimization
• Ensure that sales KPIs are clearly communicated to sales team and are regularly monitored
• Ensure that sales team incentives are ambitious but achievable and aligned with sales goals
• Ensure that Aspira attracts good talent with clear career development paths and management systems supporting development and talent retention
• At least 5 years’ Executive Management Sales experience
• Accountability or oversight of Marketing is advantageous
• Ideally at least 15 years’ experience in Sales roles
• Ideally 10 to 15 years’ experience in financial services or FMCG sales, preference is insurance
• Proven leadership at project and business level, including sales & P&L accountability
• Preferably has had accountability for sales across geographic territories in Kenya
• Sales roles must have included B2B account relationship accountabilities and retail client focus
• In-depth knowledge of the Kenyan retail/ commercial environment, particularly the electronics, furniture and e-commerce sectors
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.