MedAccess is a social enterprise committed to improving health in more than 90 countries. Their mission is to cut illness and death by speeding up access to lifesaving vaccines, medicines, diagnostics and technologies for people in underserved communities.
About the role
To complement the composition of existing board members, MedAccess are looking to appoint up to two NED positions and seek candidates with the following profile:
- Expertise in global health
- Knowledge of social impact assessment frameworks
- Familiarity with low- and middle-income country (LMIC) markets and global healthfunding institutions
- Working knowledge and networks within generic pharma manufacturing and sales in LMICs
- In depth knowledge and experience of national health delivery and a familiarity with health products
- Experience of working in Africa (East, West & Southern) or South Asia would be a significant advantage
- Experience of fundraising – grants and investment capital
- Working knowledge of diagnostics marketing& sales
- Familiarity with vaccine manufacturing & sales
- Experience of Health Technology / Digital Medicine
- Prior board or board leadership experience Commitment to the mission and a desire to be an active ambassador for MedAccess
- Driven by delivering exceptional impact Analytical, strategic, with a track record of crafting creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to flex one’s own risk appetite to match that of MedAccess Outcome focused, a low ego team player and good listener
- Broad alignment with MedAccess values
- Adopts and flexes personal style that aligns with the MedAccess team
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Millar Cameron, we are dedicated to supporting our Clients in building and supporting diverse and inclusive workplaces and culture, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.