The AECF is a development institution that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs, and leverage investments and markets to create resilience and sustainable incomes in rural and marginalized communities in Africa. It provides concessional capital, technical assistance, and support to the wider enabling environment for emergent and scaling SMEs.
- Ensure exceptional management of current programs/investments portfolio, and lead portfolio expansion – providing guidance and direction to the portfolio teams on sourcing, marking, due diligence, structuring and deployment of funding.
- Lead the integration of AECF’s thematic areas of focus – climate, gender, youth and fragility – into the program delivery strategy and ensure delivery of impact in the said thematic areas.
- Review and improve AECF’s portfolio construction approach, building rigorous processes and tools towards improving impact.
- Continually ensure an effective portfolio construction approach and strategically lead the institution to evolve its portfolio construction model to best serve AECF’s purpose of an enterprising Africa.
- Develop and implement portfolio risk framework, in line with the overall AECF Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management Framework.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with Sector Team Leads, Programme Managers, Senior Program Officers and other investee-facing staff to ensure the best execution of the AECF Portfolio Management strategy.
- Lead the development and dissemination of AECF periodic progress and impact reports.
- Leverage expertise and networks to support fundraising and business development efforts of AECF. This includes contributing to proposal development and pitches to funding partners
- Guide teams in implementation of agreed strategy and programmes, including enhancing coherence at team level.
- Responsible for the effective flow of communication within the portfolio teams.
- Have proven experience working with or through the private sector to achieve ambitious development outcomes.
- Possess proven ability to identify opportunities, design, mobilize resources, and execute programs and adapting as required.
- Possess expertise in at least one of the following areas: Agribusiness, Renewable Energy, and, Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Possess excellent program design and development skills and ability to build relationships with development partners, governments, investors, and private sectors.
- Be an excellent and visionary leader with great interpersonal skills to build a strong work ethic, impeccable integrity, and good judgment.
- Possess high degree of initiative and energy, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail.
- Be able to demonstrate accomplishment in building, managing, and motivating teams.
- Possess a caring personality ready to contribute to a happy and engaging work environment.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.