The AECF is a development institution that supports businesses to innovate, create jobs, and leverage investments and markets to create resilience and sustainable incomes in rural and marginalized communities in Africa. It provides concessional capital, technical assistance, and support to the wider enabling environment for emergent and scaling SMEs.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE:
- Continue to develop and implement the Managing for Impact strategy and accompanying systems and tools that will identify and maximise the depth and breadth of impact on the lives of the poor from investments made by AECF.
- Craft measurement frameworks that can be used for impact evaluations of their programmes specifically for both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Manage, coordinate, and execute the collection of impact data (past and present) from AECF’s programme teams, partner organizations, and stakeholders, providing support for timely, accurate, and consistent reporting.
- Analyse, synthesize and produce key insights that that can easily inform multiple audiences across the institution (from Management to the AECF Board Members) via storytelling media and platforms.
- Engage with programme teams to help them envision and embed creative methods for impact measurement into the solutions they’re delivering for their partners at the concept note, design, competition, and implementation phases.
- Serve as the main point of contact to shape external evaluations and ensure alignment on impact metrics and methods used for gathering data.
- Drive experimentation around data collection and analysis through new methodologies and tools
- Manage a team of Impact officers and experts operating from diverse offices across the continent, in different programmes.
To apply for this role, please ensure that you have the following skills and experience:
- A master’s degree in international development, Economics, Mathematics, Communications or a related field.
- 10+ Years of full-time work experience in research, impact measurement, and evaluation, preferably in private sector development context and applying DCED standards.
- Experience working in international development and a deep understanding of the sector with a bias to agribusiness, renewable energy and climate adaptation, in Africa
- Experience in survey methodology and monitoring social or environmental outcomes in a development context for private sector development.
- Experience working with or reporting to large bilateral funders or private foundations and is comfortable speaking their language.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, with a keen ability to synthesize and present complex data in a simple, compelling, meaningful way.
- Proven experience working with and leading cross-cultural teams.
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Language skills in French will be an added advantage.
Since 2007 Millar Cameron has specialised in sourcing leadership and keyperson talent across a number of industries, including agribusiness, international development, industrial, consumer, financial and professional services, private equity, and technology, media and telecommunications. Our mission and purpose is to positively contribute to the development of Africa, and other emerging markets, through the provision of people.